In this video Computer Music's Owen Palmrest takes us through the essential programming techniques to making an Old School Garage Bass, using Martin Lüders FREE VSTi PG-8X analog polysynth.
The tutorial covers a range of bass sounds from vintage Drum and Bass Subs through to more Fidget House inspired mid bass tones.
About the PG-8X VST Synth
- 6 voice polyphony
- Two DCO's with Saw, Square, Pulse, Noise
- Hard Sync and Ring Modulation
- Two exponential envelop generators
- 24 dB resonant LP filter
- HP filter (3 stages)
- Stereo Chorus
- Framework (GUI) in Synthedit
- Sound generation (DCOs and VCF) entirely in custom modules
- Up to 4 x 16-fold oversampled oscillator
- 4-fold oversampled filter
- Custom voice allocation
- 6 Key assignment modes:
- MIDI Learn: MIDI Controllers can be assigned by right-clicking on the slider.
- Automatic adjustment of sample rate.
- Manual and automatic settings for oversampling of the oscillators.