- Bass House & Garage
- Dubstep Monster Bass Vol 2
- The Raw Cutz Super Pack
- The Blues Sessions
- Fungus And Weed - Smokin Delights & Turf Breaks
- The Chord Collection - Studio Tools
- Dubstep India
- Baker Brothers Vol. 3 - Raucous Funk
- Atmospheric Guitars
Login for free samples
- 374 Double Bass Loops
- 360+ MB of main ZIP content
- Tempos 70-160 BPM
- Different playing styles
- 3 Velocity-layered patches for different soft samplers
Danny Thompson Double Bass
Danny Thompson, one of the world’s leading Double Bass players, has committed 50 years of experience to tape. During his career Danny has played with a long list of musical greats including Ronnie Scott, Stan Tracey, John Stevens, John Lee Hooker, Tim Buckley, Marc Bolan, Rod Stewart, Ginger Baker, Donovan, Kate Bush, Nick Drake, Graham Coxon and of course John Martyn with whom he became lifelong friends.
Danny’s dedication to the double bass has given him a rich tapestry of musical knowledge, which meant that he was in a unique position to record this collection of exquisite and versatile loops and samples for you to use in your musical productions, royalty free. The collection features Danny's inimitable playing style and sound throughout - a much sought after commodity.
Danny has recorded this collection with his bass, Victoria, which was made by the French maker Gand in 1865. For Danny she is invaluable and will never be out of his life. "Yeah, my absolute beloved. I've tried other instruments but we come as a pair, a partnership. I know every crack, every splinter on her body." Danny and Victoria were recorded using Neumann U47 and KM84 microphones, through a Focusrite IS A430 Mic-pre and a RCA Valve mic-pre. A little of the pickup sound was mixed in - just for seasoning and some very subtle compression was added using a Neve 33609 and a little EQ from a Neve 1073.
There are 374 loops and phrases in Acid Wav, Apple Loops and REX formats (also regular WAVS). These cover ten different tempos ranging from 70 - 160bpm. Included are lyrical phrases, a wide range of bass lines, walking parts, glisses and slides, plus some bowed bass parts and there is even a separate bank of 23 slides and FX! For those who like to program their own parts there are 3 patches for nearly all soft sampler formats which use 125 full length samples: a multi patch of Danny's bass which features 4 velocity layers, a multi patch of slides & FX and a multi of the bowed bass.
If you are a producer working in Folk, Rock, Progressive, Pop, Dance, Drum and Bass or Downtempo, Lounge or Chillout and you need Double Bass sounds and samples, then sample the master himself – Danny Thompson.
Format Options Explained:
- Zip(main) format includes Acidised Wav and Rex2 Loops – all single (non looping) sounds and Sampler Patches for Kontakt, Halion, NNXT, EXS24 soft samplers.
- Apple Loops format includes Apple Loops – all single (non looping) sounds and Sampler Patches for Kontakt, Halion, NNXT, EXS24 soft samplers.
If in doubt we recommend you purchase the Zip(main) format which is usable with nearly all music applications and software.
Also boughtView All
Also from LoopmastersView All
- CAPSUN Presents Trap Evolution
- Junkyard Percussion Vol. 2
- Eat Static Presents Static Sounds Vol1: Broken Electronica Loops and Pads
- Loopmasters Presents Essentials 31 - House & Garage
- Dubstep Therapy
- EDM Massive Presets - Arps & Sequences
- Atmospheric Vinyl Breaks
- The Squatters Present Main Room Electro House
- Nu:Logic - Drum & Bass Vol. 9