The Pearl Syncussion SY-1 is an extremely rare analogue drum synthesizer originally manufactured in 1979 by Pearl Musical Instruments.
This freaky little box is capable of producing a huge palette of percussive sounds, powerful kicks and experimental sound effects which carry a vintage sound inherent to its unique drum synthesis methods and extremely raw sounding oscillators!
After finally getting our hands on one of these rare instruments we just knew we had to sample it!
Syncussion Drums by Wave Alchemy captures the Pearl Syncussion’s unique sonic character by offering no less than 1885 carefully recorded 24-bit drum samples.
Sampling the Syncussion
"Our goal was to record a versatile collection of drum hits from one of the rarest and most powerful drum synths ever made..."
We worked extremely hard to capture the raw sound of the Syncussion SY-1 by recording both a huge selection of dry/unprocessed drum hits as well as a variety of round robin samples and velocity variations.
On top of this we recorded a wealth of sounds directly through our boutique selection of analogue outboard processors and high-end pre-amps.
Additionally, a number of sounds were re-sampled through our EMU SP-12 Turbo to obtain a more lo-fi and gritty sound.
Last but by no means least we visited the world of analogue tape (a Wave Alchemy first) by recording over 800 drum hits to 1/4" tape via a Studer A80 Mk1 tape machine!
What's included in the sample pack?
- 1885 24-bit 100% royalty free electronic drum hits!
- 839 drum sounds recorded to 1/4" tape via a Studer A80 Mk1 tape machine
- 162 unprocessed kick drum samples including cone-melting subs, snappy clicks and enormous bass drums
- 74 beautifully processed kick drum sounds making use of our extensive outboard collection
- 16 creatively layered kicks and huge subs
- 148 carefully recorded round robin sample variations
- 158 percussion hits and wired tones
- 134 blips, glitch and creative noise hits
- 71 gritty SP-12 drum sounds including twisted percussion and lo-fi hits
- 95 tom samples covering deep to disco and everything in between
- 48 stereo and searing SFX sounds
- 104 additional layered snare drum and hi hat samples. Snares and hats are not the Syncussion's strongest point so we decided to include a huge bonus collection of punchy snares and silky hats which make use our full gear list!
- 63 'ready to play' and carefully mapped drum kits including sampler patches for Battery, Kontakt, NI Maschine, Reason NNXT, Halion, EXS24 and SFZ
- Ableton Live 7+ Pack including 57 Drum Racks and 63 Sampler Instruments
- 6 multi patch arrays, each offered in a variety of key labelled pitches and designed to be played as musical patches