EarthMoments presents Afro-Cuban Percussion Vol. 02, an exotic collection of rhythms and grooves originating from the Caribbean Islands of Cuba. Cuban music is often considered amongst the richest and most influential music forms from across the world. Energetic rhythms such as Bembé, Rumba, Reggae, Mozambique, and many more are featured throughout this expansive pack.
Afro-Cuban Percussion Vol. 02 includes a wide variety of samples in a range of tempos and styles featuring the congas, cajón, bongos, claves, shaker, and cowbell, all performed by professional Afro-Cuban percussionist, Idan K.
Our samples are processed to preserve the organic sound of the instrument while still providing you with a sonically pure sample, so it seamlessly integrates into your productions.
Take your pick from this extensive collection of grooves and danceable rhythms, including:
- Bembé: A rhythmic pattern in 6/8 which serves as the skeletal figure for the percussion.
- Freestyle: An energetic 4/4 rhythm with a modern Latin groove.
- Funky: 4/4 rhythms with strong accenting, which encourages dance.
- Reggae: Popular downbeat and offbeat rhythm sections. This form is strongly influenced by Mento and American Rhythm & Blues.
- Mozambique: A half-time rhythmic groove with a rumba clave which renews conga lines.
- Mozambique New York: A rhythmic style featuring a sun clave.
- Samba: A lively rhythmic pattern in binary meter with constant 16th notes. The first 16th note of each grouping is accented.
- Samba Caboclo / Samba Congo: Varied and complex energetic samba patterns.
- Rumba Columbia: similar to Rumba, Rumba Columbia is a rhythmic pattern but in a compound meter. The accents fall in similar places for both rhythms.
- Rumba Guaguancó: Guaguancó is played in 2/4 or 4/4 tempo giving it a moderate to fast tempo.
- Yambu: Amongst the oldest of three Rumba styles, this is a slower pattern for a slower style of rhythm. It has its origin in the province of Matanzas, it is a rumba of house, quarry or plot.
- Yongo: A slower pattern for a traditional slow-stepping dance form.
Please note: Only Percussion sounds are included, other sounds in the Demo are for illustration only
Any references to any brands on this site/page, including reference to brands and instruments, are provided for description purposes only. For example references to instrument brands are provided to describe the sound of the instrument and/or the instrument used in the sample. Loopmasters do not have (nor do they claim) any association with or endorsement by these brands. Any goodwill attached to those brands rest with the brand owner. Loopmasters or its Suppliers do not accept any liability in relation to the content of the sample or the accuracy of the description. "RHODES" is a registered trademark of Joseph A Brandstetter.