Introducing Drum Tools 02, the definitive drum sample library for electronic music production!
A labour of love spanning 2 years, Drum Tools 02 delivers over 4,000 ground-breaking electronic drum samples and percussive hits, each carefully crafted by hand from the ground-up using a huge array of drum machines, analogue synths, foley recordings and acoustic sound sources; processed individually on a sound-by-sound basis using a boutique collection of high-end outboard gear...
Pushing the boundaries of contemporary sound design, Drum Tools 02 delivers a unique collection of next-generation, production ready drums for modern electronic music production; an essential toolkit for Techno, EDM, DnB, Dubstep, Deep House, Trap, Electronica and everything in-between!
For added character, warmth and punch, selected samples have been re-recorded to both ½ inch analogue tape via an Ampex ATR-102 analogue tape machine, and 12” Vinyl via a classic Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe.
What's included in the sample pack?
4,025 24-bit, 100% royalty-free drum hits arranged into 4 main sections:
Processed Drum Section
2029 processed drum and percussive hits - enhanced and layered individually on a sound-by-sound basis using our extensive collection of high-end hardware processors and sound shaping tools:
- 450 unique bass drums arranged by type across 6 sub-folders: ‘classic kicks’, ‘deep & minimal’, ‘fat & punchy’, ‘heavy and EDM’, ‘processed machines’ and ‘short & snappy’
- 225 luxurious claps arranged across 3 sub-folders: ‘processed machines’, ‘stacked & layered’ and ‘synthetic & noise’
- 100 crash cymbals & rides
- 192 hi-hats arranged across 3 sub folders: ‘classic hats’, ‘metallic & synthetic’ and ‘noise, acoustic & layered’
- 343 electronic percussion sounds arranged by type across 6 sub-folders: ‘analogue & nu-perc’, ‘blips, pops & snaps’, ‘blocks & cowbells’, ‘clicks, sticks & rims’, ‘deep & dissonant’ and ‘hand drum & tribal’
- 240 acoustic percussion sounds arranged by type across 5 sub-folders: ‘bongo & conga’, ‘claves, blocks & bells’, ‘hand drums’, ‘shakers & sticks’ and ‘timbale’
- 77 glitch & abstract percussion hits
- 282 snare drums arranged by type across 4 sub-folders: ‘layered snares’, ‘lo-fi & gritty’, ‘noise & synthetic’ and ‘processed machines’
- 120 toms & tones
Tape Processed Section
1528 24-bit tape processed drum and percussive hits
- Identical in folder structure to the processed drum section, the ‘tape drums’ folder includes a selection of samples bounced through ½ inch Analogue Tape for added character, tone, warmth and punch!
- 1528 Tape processed drum samples with multiple saturation levels and vari-speed pitches, recorded via a classic Ampex ATR-102 analogue tape machine
Vinyl Processed Section
468 24-bit vinyl processed drum and percussive hits
- Identical in folder structure to the processed drum section, the ‘vinyl drums’ folder includes a selection of samples bounced through 12” Vinyl for added grittiness and warmth!
- 468 Vinyl processed drum samples recorded via a classic Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe
The drum kits folder contains a number of ready-to-play drum kits, conveniently mapped to the following software sampler formats:
- Battery 3 – 79 kits
- Halion - 79 kits
- Kontakt - 79 kits
- NN-XT - 79 kits
- SFZ - 79 kits
- EXS24 - 79 kits
Ableton Live 9 Pack
- 36 pre-mapped drum racks for Ableton live 9, carefully mapped with full Push compatibility
- 32 ‘modular’ drum selector modules for bass drums, claps, crash cymbals & rides, hi hats, percussion (acoustic), percussion (electronic), percussion (glitch), snares, toms & tones
- Each drum sound has 8 pre-assigned macros for quick editing and tone shaping – tune/pitch, gate/decay, tone, multiple distortion parameters and volume
- 3,557 24-bit one shot drum hits and tones
Produced by Dan Byers of Wave Alchemy, with additional production by Matt Urmenyi and J. Rowland.
Any references to any brands on this site/page, including reference to brands and instruments, are provided for description purposes only. For example references to instrument brands are provided to describe the sound of the instrument and/or the instrument used in the sample. Loopmasters do not have (nor do they claim) any association with or endorsement by these brands. Any goodwill attached to those brands rest with the brand owner. Loopmasters or its Suppliers do not accept any liability in relation to the content of the sample or the accuracy of the description. "RHODES" is a registered trademark of Joseph A Brandstetter.