In this video, Joshua Casper shows you how to make impacts and explosions using only devices and effects in Ableton Live 10. These are great for breakdowns and build ups in any music production context.
This is a part of our ‘Production Basics’ videos series.
Topics & Devices Covered
• Split frequency bands in an Effect Rack via EQ 8s
• Adding mono reverb to low and sub frequencies of a kick
• Adding reverb and grain delay to the mid to high frequencies
• Adding saturation to dirty the sound
• Using the Glue Compressor to make things fatter
• A few shortcuts for working in arrangement view