Producer Dom Kane shows us round the Arturia Oberheim SEM V analogue soft synth VST plugin.
In this video Dom goes through an overview of the VST interface and guides us through the use of the various panel controls, and shows the Oberheim SEM V synth in action.
For purchase info visit the plugin boutique here.
About Oberheim SEM V
Oberheim's legendary SEM - Synthesizer Expander Module - is back for the first time as a high-end software emulation powered by Arturia's exclusive TAE® technology.
Faithfully reproducing the warm Oberheim SEM tone, the Oberheim SEM V is also polyphonic, with a full array of innovative sonic features.
Favored by top artists and producers such as Goldfrapp, Herbie Hancock and even John Carpenter for its fatness and unique harmonic spectrum, the Oberheim sound is an absolute must have for your studio.
Oberheim SEM V Extended Functions
The SEM V adds a few tricks to the original model, that considerably increase the sonic possibilities and allow the demanding musician to push the boundaries of the Oberheim sound a little further:
• Polyphony and 8 Voice multitimbrality inspired by the 2, 4, and 8 voice models
• White Noise, to mix into your etheral pads and FX sounds
• Sub Oscillator with sawtooth and sine waves, for added growl and bottom end
• LFO 2 with sine, sawtooth and square waves, for more complex modulations
• Professional Effects (overdrive, Delay, Chorus), to directly process your sounds onboard
• Arpeggiator, for instant basslines and inspiring melodic patterns
• Portamento to unlock more expression in your playing
About Dom Kane
Dom Kane, the DJ, the producer and sound designer; it is a name which is both prevalent and synonymous in many producer’s studios and clubber’s dancefloors world wide.
As a DJ, Dom has held residencies at some of the worlds most legendary clubs including Space Ibiza and Ministry Of Sound in London.
As a producer, Dom’s tracks have graced the playlists of DJ’s such as Pete Tong, David Guetta, James Zabiela, Andi Durrant, Deadmau5, and many more.
As a sound designer, Dom has created for Loopmasters, FXpansion (D-CAM & Geist), Deadmau5 and Steve Duda (Nerve/Xfer), Ohm Force (Ohmicide), and a personal achievement and honour was being asked to contribute to factory content for the legendary analogue synth company Moog.