Acclaimed DnB producer J ‘DLR’, one Half of Octane & DLR is back with a new presentation of the feature set in Addictive Drums 2 from XLN audio.
DLR goes through the GUI layout and highlights some of the new tools and drum linking options available, while auditioning over a classic DnB break!
Addictive Drums 2 Overview
Since 2006, Addictive Drums has been one of the world’s best-loved and best-selling virtual instruments. Our advanced technologies and obsession with recording the world’s most interesting instruments has gotten us on to so many hit songs, games, and movies we’ve lost count. In fact, if you watch TV, play games, or listen to the radio, chances are good that you’ve already heard Addictive Drums.
With Addictive Drums 2, we’re taking it to the next level. More world-class instruments, more amazing sound shaping features, more tools for rhythm creation and transformation, and total freedom to pick only the kits and add-ons that are right for you. All this while maintaining the fast, clean, musician-centric interface that made us successful in the first place. We hope you'll love what we have made.
What's New In AD2
More legendary drums. New sound engine
- Our team has traveled around the world and found some truly amazing drums in world-famous studios such as our brand new Fairfax kit. This kit was recorded at the legendary Fairfax Recording studio in Los Angeles (formerly known as Sound City).
- Fairfax and all of our existing ADpaks (from Addictive Drums) have been updated to make full use of all the new features of the Addictive Drums 2 engine.
New sound shaping and kit building features
- Ask and you shall receive, customers! We've listened to your feedback and made dozens of improvements, both small and large! Highlights include:
- More kit piece slots, new studio-grade effects (including delay and saturation/distortion), brand new Tone Designer and Transient Shaper modules, easy kit piece linking, and lots of new electronic sounds that can take your drums to exciting new territories.
New rhythm creation and transformation tools
- Say goodbye to boring beats. Our new Beats page helps you locate or build interesting beats quickly and to transform existing beats to make them uniquely yours. The intuitive system is designed to be simple for beginners but very deep for power users.
- You can even drag-and-drop drum hits and complete loops straight to your music software's timeline for maximum ease of use.
Check out the FREE trial demo here.