Quadrant, a.k.a Leigh Caplan presents an in depth walkthrough of iZotope’s Trash 2 distortion FX plugin. Here in this video he uses it to tighten up the mid sonic characteristics of his DnB bass parts.
Who is Quadrant?
U.S based Drum & Bass producer Quadrant has tunes newly signed to Total Science's C.I.A Deep Kut imprint, more material forthcoming on Dispatch, Commercial Suicide, and Intrigue, as well as worldwide DJ support from artists such as Goldie, Klute, A Sides, Silent Witness, Ant TC1, DLR, Survival, Ulterior Motive, and State of Mind, the pace is only quickening in 2014.
These are exciting times for lovers of heads down, well-crafted Drum and Bass, and Quadrant is here to give them exactly what they want.
Distort. Mangle. Transform
Trash 2 takes the best of Trash and makes it even better. With an entirely new sonic architecture, brand new features, optimized performance, better sound quality, and support for modern hosts and formats, Trash 2 is primed for a powerful new era of audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation. Let sonic mayhem ensue.
What Can Trash 2 Do?
Not all distortions are created equal. Trash 2 combines the power of multi-band, dual-stage distortions and advanced post-filtering for immediate sonic transformation. Give your low end some thump, get a warm crunch on the midrange, and let your high end soar—all without the over-hyped side effects (unless, of course, that's what you want). Trash any track: not just guitars and basses, but drums, synths, pads, vocals, brass, woodwinds, and more. A distortion engine like no other, this is Trash 2.
- Distort in ways you never dreamed with the Trash module’s 60+ distortion algorithms, perfect for transforming your sound into something never before heard.
- Design your own unique distortions, from massive to mild and everything in between, with a new, customizable, multiband Waveshaper.
- Let your tracks inhabit any space or object with the new Convolve module. Choose from over 100 impulse responses or load your own to put your bass in a washing machine or your keys in a cave.
- Find a new voice: make your audio speak and growl with two redesigned Filter modules, each one featuring new vowel formant filters, screaming peaks, node modulations, and more.
- Start trashing your audio immediately with an extensive new preset library and an ear-friendly Limiter that ensures you can play without fear.
For more information visit here.