Dodge & Fuski’s Rob Talbott gives us a show and reveal tour of ‘AutoTheory’, an intelligent MIDI composing & melody plugin from Mozaic Beats, recently converted from its debut Rack extension format into a standalone app.
About Mozaic Beats AutoTheory
AutoTheory is a MIDI mapping device designed to empower users with the ability to freely and easily compose chord progressions and matching melodies. AutoTheory works as a filter that goes in between your MIDI controller/keyboard and your DAW.
AutoTheory intercepts the data from your keyboard and organizes it into highly efficient layouts for playing at a high level, before sending that data into your DAW. This process is accomplished by splitting your keyboard into two separate functions; a Chord Generator and a Melody Lock. All octaves to the left side of your keyboard will act as a Chord Generator, while all octaves to the right side of your keyboard will act as a Melody Lock.
The Chord Generator enables users to play entire chords when holding down single white keys, while the Melody Lock aligns scale and chord tones to white keys in highly playable configurations.
Whether you’re an experienced piano player or a true beginner, AutoTheory provides you with tools to greatly improve your ability to compose high quality music.
• Key & Scale Parameters – Easily create chord progressions and matching melodies from any key, and a wide range of scales.
• Chord Generator – Play any type of chord progression imaginable while holding down single keys.
• Melody Lock – Easily play matching melodies alongside of any chord progression through the patented Open Arpeggiation technology.
• Chord Editor – Customize your chord palette in any way imaginable, and define any type of extended chord.
• Device Outputs – Route the Chord Generator and Melody Lock to multiple instruments within your DAW, allowing for simultaneous play back.
For more information visit here.