DnB producer Quadrant shows us some great tips for applying FabFilter’s Saturn saturation plugin to simple basses, to massively enhance and shape their sound and character.
Distortion and saturation play a very important role in music production. From subtle, clean and warm tube or tape saturation to the wildest multiband guitar amp effects: FabFilter Saturn delivers!
FabFilter Saturn offers a range of different high quality distortion models, inspired by the vintage sound of tubes, tape and guitar amps. In addition, you also get three creative distortion styles, with which you can smudge, stretch, crush, rectify and clip your sounds in weird and unexpected ways.
With its multiband design and per-band feedback, dynamics, drive, tone and modulation options, Saturn will bring a unique flavor to your music.
• Sixteen different distortion styles, from subtle saturation to heavy guitar amps and bit crushing
• Multiband processing (up to 6 bands)
• Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone and level controls
• Per-band solo and mute options
• Optional HQ mode (8x oversampling)
• Mid/side processing
• Easy-to-use interface, using our innovative what-you-use-is-what-you-see concept
• GPU-powered graphics acceleration
• Normal and wide interface layouts, with an option to show or hide the modulation section at the bottom
• Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
• Over 150 presets
• Modulation source signal visualization
• Interactive MIDI Learn
• Undo, redo and A/B switch features
For more information about ‘Saturn’, pricing and to download a Free trial visit: http://bit.ly/fabfiltersaturn