Producer Adam Pollard aka Multiplier introduces the Cataract sampler from Glitch Machines, a segment multiplexing scanning sampler geared towards electronic producers. Here Adam shows us round the plugin and shows off the randomise features to create derivative sound design patches.
Cataract is a Segment Multiplexer plugin geared toward electronic music production and experimental sound design. Cataract features an arsenal of sample scanners with integrated modulation sequencers and morphing functions.
Infinitely transform your audio files with Cataract’s extensive randomization and modulation options. Warp pitched samples into parallax melodies or redistribute loop segments into generative polyrhythms. Cataract features a dynamic, color-coded user interface that simplifies navigation and streamlines functionality. One of the plugin’s highlights is the ability to step-sequence nearly every parameter, making it possible to coordinate extremely expressive and detailed patterns.
Cataract includes two scanners, each of which are equipped with two sample slots. Each scanner includes two LFOs, a multimode filter, a multimode delay effect, a scan sequencer with windowing and dedicated LFO, a 3-Band graphic EQ, four dedicated randomizers, five MIDI triggered save states and a dedicated modulation matrix. It includes a collection of over 180 presets and 200 new loops by sound designers Ivo Ivanov, Nicholas Yochum, Alex Retsis and Daed.
• 2 monophonic scanner modules with dual sample slots
• Integrated modulation and scan sequencers
• 2 LFOs per scanner with dedicated modulation matrix
• 1 Multi-mode filter per scanner
• 1 Delay effect per scanner
• 3-Band graphic EQ per scanner
• Extensive global and per-scanner randomization tools
• Dynamic color-coded user interface
• Sample pack with over 200 new loops & 200 new sound effects
For more information, pricing and to demo the product please visit here: http://bit.ly/cataractsampler