Alex Holmes who produces for ‘GotSome’ (Defected and MTA) has put together this great walk-through tutorial on adding width to mono synths using Plugin Boutique’s very own StereoSavage plugin.
In this session Alex takes a Waldorf Pulse 2 analog bassline and adds tonnes of character and width using the various widening options on the StereoSavage GUI.
StereoSavage provides an innovative stereo toolbox, combining tried and tested studio techniques with emulations of modern and classic tools that will bring your mix to life.
Generate stereo from mono with the: VOX, DELAY and EXPAND programs. Place sounds precisely in the stereo field with the adjustment tools: WIDTH, PAN and ROTATION. Create movement and chorus-like effects with the LFO and retain a solid low end with the adjustable BASS BYPASS.
StereoSavage includes all of these features in a single plugin for the first time, offering the flexibility to enhance your track with dramatic effects, or add the perfect subtle finishing touches.
• Create stereo from mono sources for richer soundscapes.
• Control the placement and width of stereo sources. Separate instruments within the stereo field.
• Use the rotation effect for an incredibly natural sounding pan.
• Get lush wide vocals in seconds.
• Quick simple controls for achieving a ‘big sound’.
• Add motion or excitement with modulation.
• Retain great mono compatibility with the bass bypass feature.
• Reduce the number of vocal takes required for rich, tight, backing vocals.
Generate stereo from mono…
• VOX - Get that classic wide vocal sound: huge leads or rich backing choirs. It’s also brilliant on synths, guitars and has hundreds of other uses.
• DELAY - Use a simple delay on a channel to pan or widen a sound, this is great for percussive parts. It also has a huge benefit for club mixes where you want to pan some percussion without making either channel quieter!
• EXPAND - Add some aggressive early reflections to make sounds stereo and engaging without adding any unwanted movement.
• WIDTH - Make it wider, make it wider than wide…or bring it in so other sounds draw focus.
• PRE - Move the panning before widening for super-wide auto-panning.
• ROTATION - Super-natural panning.
For more information and purchasing visit: http://bit.ly/stereosavage