Producer Joshua Casper shows us round Audified’s U73b compressor plugin features, and shows some examples of it at work on a track and a vocal.
About The U73b Compressor
The U73b is a faithful and unique emulation of an old German broadcast compressor/limiter unit U73b. This is the second generation of the plug-in. The original compressor device was often used for mastering between 1960 and 1980. It had an all tube vary-mu compressor/limiter with adjustable release time option.
In the plugin the circuitry has been adhered to exactly as it was originally designed and only an input and output gain (before and right after compressor circuit - to help with proper adjustment of the compression) has been added. The plugin effect has also been supplemented with a VU meter and selectable side-chaining.
The U73b is great for mastering, mixing drums, bass, guitar, vocals and voice overs.
• External side-chain added
• Auto Output parameter added
• Plugins built in newer IDEs with more effective code
• Colour settings dialog added
• Default calibration parameter value mechanism added, calibration parameter range changed
• English language added
• Oversampling added
• GUI improved, retina support
• Software can be used on 2 computers per ID simultaneously (User gets 2 licenses)
For more information and pricing visit here: http://bit.ly/u73bcompressor