Combining the best of modular-sourced sounds and sequences with the dark, dirty sound of modern electro, Modular Electro is a boundary-breaking collection combining elements of eclectic techno and electronica. Dive into over 900MB+ of quirky squelching sequences, retro-inspired drums, full fat basses and more. With loops tempo-synced and key-labelled at 125 and 130bpm plus a large selection of custom kits and one-shots, instant genre-defining electro inspiration is just a few clicks away...
For complete control of all the elements contained in this pack, we have included 2 Ableton Racks – dive even deeper into this collection with macro assigned features and fx-laced chains for top-notch creative control. All elements of this pack were sculpted for maximum character, width and punch for unparalleled quality. The Modular Electro racks are ready to get you inspired on your next production.
MODULAR ELECTRO ABLETON RACKS
FX Shots and Synth Shot Racks:
Our instrument sections contain all the standard features you’ve come to expect from Sample Magic’s racks. Featuring a plethora of FX processing to dial in to sculpt, mangle, twist and contort your one-shot samples from basic samples into something wholly unique, which can be tailored perfectly with minimal effort and maximum effectiveness.
- Synth Select - Scroll through a plethora of rich synth sounds including rough, deep and grizzly bass sounds as well as bright and rich chords.
- Intensity - Add stereo width, filter drive and filter envelope to your sound all in one knob. Push the Intensity and keep the Filter maxed just to add richness and width, or drop the filter frequency down to get a plucky and animated sound.
- Filter - A basic 12-db low pass filter which becomes more resonant the further down it goes. Play with this control and the Intensity dial together to transform the one shots into rich and lush sounds.
- Tune - A basic parameter but a fundamental necessity to make sure your track sounds as tight and harmonious as possible. +/- 50 cent tuning dial to ensure your synth sample matches perfectly with the rest of your materials.
- ADSR - Perhaps the most fundamental of all parameters but one of the most important to dial in sounds the exact way you want them. Use the Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release parameters to take control of the transient character of your audio and tailor it expertly to your production. These parameters not only control the amplitude ADSR envelopes but the filter ADSR as well, so use these controls in tandem with the Intensity and Filter controls for powerful results.
- Dirt - Dial in for instant richness and character, adding both warmth and brightness, and beefing up your sound with maximum electro grit. Add a slight amount for some thickness & grime, or go full throttle to tear your sound apart with 6 different distortion fx units. Dive into the Dirt Rack for further control, allowing you to dial in individual distortion amounts, as well as control the balance between your dry sound and your distorted one.
- Deepen - How do you get more bass without just adding more EQ? Deepen is the answer. Just dial this in subtlety for an extra dimension of bass or go full throttle and bring bass intensity like you’ve never heard. This rack contains 4 different bass enhancers for maximum low-end impact, each of which can be adjusted to taste inside the Deepen Rack.
- PoolTec EQ - Modelled after a famous EQ unit, this EQ uses multiple boosts and cuts to carve out the mud and polish up your sound with minimal effort. A subtle bass boost is added for extra depth, a cut around 200-300hz clears away any muddiness and presence and high EQ “air” boosts are added to allow your sound to cut through the mix. Dive further into this rack to adjust the EQ points and tailor it perfectly to your sound.
- Widen - Instant, low-effort stereo goodness with minimal effort. Featuring 4 different width types, (including haa> delay, flanging, chorus and more) move through the Widen dial to select your width chain, and tailor it further inside the Width Rack. Each processing chain has it’s own rack you can dive into further to adjust things like delay length and dry/wet crossover frequencies.
- Delay - Pull up in the Instrument Section for instant classic delay or dive in further and set the perfect balance between 5 different delay types as well as the dry audio. If basic delay is all you need, try the Simple and Filtered Delays, however if you’re looking for something more experimental try Wonky, Grain or the Super Delay. Each sits within its own respective rack, offering even more controls to adjust to fine-tune that perfect delay sound.
- Reverb - As the old adage goes, everything is better with Reverb. Use this rack to create your own custom reverb tail with short, medium, long and epic reverbs. Each one has been fine-tuned to sit together perfectly, whilst emulating their respective space type. Explore each reverb-type further in their respective racks.
- Squeeze - Glue, Squash and Pummel your sound with our compression rack Squeeze. Featuring 3 different compression types, the Squeeze rack allows you to layer multiple compressors in parallel for “New York” compression on steroids. Just a few controls is all you need to add loudness, squash transients and fatten up your sounds for maximal sonic impact.
**Please note: Ableton Live 9.7.3 or later is required to run the drum racks.
Any references to any brands on this site/page, including reference to brands and instruments, are provided for description purposes only. For example references to instrument brands are provided to describe the sound of the instrument and/or the instrument used in the sample. Loopmasters do not have (nor do they claim) any association with or endorsement by these brands. Any goodwill attached to those brands rest with the brand owner. Loopmasters or its Suppliers do not accept any liability in relation to the content of the sample or the accuracy of the description. "RHODES" is a registered trademark of Joseph A Brandstetter.